You may not know some of the steps required to get started in the writing industry. These steps will help you make your brand and name visible. Visibility is an essential component of your writing career.
It is amazing that content you have online can be found by anyone. You could find an agent, a publisher or someone looking to hire your writing style. You get the idea.
SEO blog tips: Why is this important?
Simply stated, the answer to this question is to create visibility.
Writing is not a one-off job. You need to build and promote a platform if you want visibility and traffic to your site.
These are just a few tips to get you started.
The first tip, and the most obvious is to create a website. Once you have one, you need to make sure that you post content on a regular basis. It’s best to do this at least once per week. Two or three is even better.
This content will make you an authority in your chosen area or genre. This content will be a great asset for you as you move on to the next step.
Before we get into five basic SEO blog tips, let’s first define SEO: Search Engine Optimization. This marketing strategy allows search engines such as Google to find your website and content.
It is important to be aware of SEO blog tips in order to have search engines find your site and index it for online searchers.
Five SEO Blog Tips:
1. Include a keyword in the title of your article. To find a keyword that is effective, you can use one of the keyword search tools for free. You can try http://googlekeywordtool.com/
Compendium.com defines a keyword as “any word or phrase that a searcher might use in order to identify or describe a resource on the Internet.”
2. Make sure you bold or italicize the keyword in your article’s subtitles.
3. You can use the keyword in your content, but don’t go overboard. Search engines don’t like it when you stuff your article full of keywords that are ‘visibility-generating’. Your article should be informative, engaging, and easily understood.
Your primary goal should be to communicate with your reader.
4. Long-tail keywords are the best keywords to search for when searching for keywords that will be effective. Keywords with long tails are words that can be used to move away from highly competitive keywords.
For example, incentives might be a highly-competitive keyword if you are writing business articles. A Google keyword search revealed that the keyword “incentives” had 1,500,000 global monthly searches and 823,000 local monthly searches. You wouldn’t use a keyword that has so much competition.
This is where the long-tail keyword enters.
You can reduce your competition by using the keyword “business incentive” for 22,200 global and 14,800 local searches per month. This is a significant difference and narrows your target. You want to get as close as possible to your target market bullseye.
5. Last, let social media sites know that you have new content. You can post the link to Twitter, Facebook and GooglePlus. Inform your groups. Spread the word. Make sure you have a SHARE button for visitors to share the post.